We back with a valuable site of the month after a not-so-brief hiatus. Here’s presenting this month’s pick - an online HTML editor.
No.. Not another editor
HTML editors are aplenty.
Anyone and everyone can whip up a quick site using TinyMCE, CKEditor and the like, provide a preview and call it a day.
A bit more effort there and we can have a site-of-the-month editor :)
Well, recently I had been creating a few HTML emails. I needed a quick, reliable way to preview whatever HTML content and move on with my work.
It was not to be easy.
My first choice was VSCode, but that workflow was not straight-forward for quick turn around. I could have used preview better, but there were a few things that could be faster. For e.g. -
- Changing text to bold, italic etc.
- Changing fonts or font size
- Including tables
- Finally, sharing work and getting some quick feedback (yes, I do use GitHub and Gist)
Oh. Do we need another editor?
I am sure we could use the existing development toolset to establish a better flow (with the same time taken for this post).
However, I was anxious about my current state of work at the time and wanted a really quick and dirty solution in my workflow.
One can use HTMLPen (which is in beta, btw) to -
- write HTML, CSS and see preview of the final result
- use a WYSIWYG editor to include tables, media or change fonts
- convert images to Base64
- and finally, share projects quickly with others
I love what we could do on the Internet today - with zero cost or investment.